View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #66
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I missed this idiocy yesterday.

1. The boat is turning around in the image, hence no wake.
2. I'm IN the boat, and that's only one of a few not cropped images I took, since I couldn't start my phone's video recorder in time.
3. You'll also notice the surfer is in the water, not remotely 150' from the other shore.
4. He got close enough to us for me to record, and get his bow numbers—which I could've posted, but my intent wasn't to out this specific person but rather reinforce my belief that wakeboaters suck.
5. Since you're attempting to minimize my experience with minutiae, I'll be proactive and point out that the event took longer than just one "Carry on My Wayward Son"—he also played ****ty Van Halen tracks, among them "Big Bad Bill," more evidence this guy was a doofus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The reason Van Halen recorded "Big Bad Bill" on the Diver Down album, was to give Eddie and Alex Van Halen a chance for their clarinet playing father to record a song with his two sons that actually got "recorded" on an album. It was a way of paying tribute to their father for his influence on his sons music career. Also, FWIW, both Eddie and Alex started playing the opposite instruments at a very young age before they decided to "switch", and found their real passion for the instruments they play today. One other needless piece of information about Van Halen that I find interesting is that they considered naming the band "Rat Salad" instead of Van Halen because of the influence the band Black Sabbath had on them growing up. For those that don't know, Rat Salad is an (instrumental, drum solo) song by Black Sabbath on their "paranoid" album. Don't you feel smarter now, knowing this???
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: