View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #28
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
I think some of you are missing a key point that OP was making;

"We chose that area due to the water depth so the kids would be able to touch bottom. "

So some of you may be thinking older kids and deeper water anchoring, but as a parent, I will tell you it was a challenge when my kids were young to find a safe spot to anchor where the kids could get out and walk.

A lot of the rest of the country has places that you can "beach" your boat and then get the little ones out for some fun in shallow water, but so far as I know there is no such place on Winnipesaukee. The concept of beaching a boat on any beach at Winnipesaukee seems like a taboo subject on par with satanic rituals,,,

And let me echo the shock and displeasure someone else posted of this homeowner actually "plowing into" the OP's tube or even coming so close to their boat when they had little kids in the water. I fully respect home owners and the sometimes unacceptable behavior they suffer at the hands of rude boaters, but in no way does that EVER justify boating and hitting a tube where little kids are swimming. I fear my response to anyone who would intentionally put small children in the water at risk by boating out to put their boat on a mooring just to make a point. NOT ACCEPTABLE, EVER. Safety first and ALWAYS around children and boats. The last thing any of us wants to read is that some child was injured or worse because someone was trying to make a point.

Enough said by me,,,
I agree that hitting the tube was completely unacceptable.

As a separate matter, I don't think anyone's missing the point--as others have pointed out in different ways--whatever the law, waist deep on your little kids is just too close to anchor in front of a person's home.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote