View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 03:21 PM   #43
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyourjets View Post
This is very short-sighted. I have a job (medical field) that requires me to be available 24/7. The access and use of a phone is what allows me to "be present" with my family and friends rather than being tied to a landline. When as issue occurs when I am at a restaurant, I will take any calls outside but I can handle most via email from the table. In addition, at least having wifi is part of the service that a restaurant offers. No different than having TVs to watch the game .
I don't think anyone is complaining about "having" a phone with you while dining. However, texting, tweeting, snap chatting, taking phone calls and surfing the internet while dining with friends and or family is what I would consider to be very rude and most here take issue with.

As to your other points, I don't know of any restaurants, at least none that I will frequent, that have televisions...bars yes and I have no problem with text and quiet minimal phone usage in a bar especially if your are by yourself. If your one of those idiots (general term) that needs to let everyone around you hear all about your important "look at me" conversation, then please take it outside as I and everyone else could give two sh**'s about what you have to say.

I also don't believe that wifi adds any value to a restaurant whatsoever. I go to a restaurant for good food and conversation with family and or friends. Wifi has nothing to do or adds anything to either of those. A bar is a different story...

Just my feelings;

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 12-04-2019 at 03:59 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: