View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

And one other thing: There is no "safe passage" law in Florida. You will be amazed at how close boats on plane will come to your boat without giving it a thought. You just have to get used to it and accept it. I am sure other "snowbirds" from New Hampshire have experienced the same thing.

On Saturday I was in Naples going about 20 MPH and a boat came up on the left abreast of me and about 40 feet away. Just as I was thinking "that guy is really close" a boat going about 35 in the same direction passed between us and his wake threw my boat sideways. It got my attention!

It happens all the time in Florida. I have wanted to ask (certainly in a very nice way) Did you give any thought to your wake and the spray your boat throws up as you pass by? Did you consider that I might have changed course by a little just as you passed and there would have been a pretty good collision?

There is no point in asking. They wouldn't even know what you were talking about. It is just the way it is and that is "normal" here..
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links