Thread: Valet
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #7
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
I valeted out of Meredith Marina with a 22’ tritoon for 2 seasons and found them very responsive and careful with our boat...works out well but there were times we could have stayed on the lake longer rather than have to be back before the 5 o’clock closing time. A slip is the better of the two but I’m sure, has it’s own set of pros and cons.
I've been at Meredith Marina for the past two years and you don't have to have the boat back by 5. I've been out to dinner and got back around 7. I tie it up and cover it and they pull it out the next morning. It also works for early morning as well. I tell them to get it out the previous evening for a 7 am launch. It is waiting when I arrive the next morning to boat to breakfast.

I have also found Meredith Marina VERY accommodating. I had a lot of work done on my boat last year and they were always willing to have contractors come in to do upholstery and electrical work. When I wanted to do a spring cleanup they pulled my boat near a hose and I worked on it all day (weekday in the spring). We went to take the boat out the first time and the battery had gone dead. One of the mechanics came down immediately with a jump start battery and we were on our way in 15 minutes.

I give them an hour notice and the boat is ready. Note: on busy summer weekends I try to give them 2 hours. I like the convenience of them filling up the gas tank as well (they ask if I want gas each time).

The only slight inconvenience I have had is, if they are busy, the boat might be a little late (15 minutes) getting in the water. If you have to be somewhere for say dinner reservations, you are better to give yourself an earlier launch.

Valet has been an excellent solution for me after I sold my house on the water.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote