View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #12
260remguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
I think most ramps are around $20 for round trip launch & recovery. For you its 2 to 4 hundred dollars a season + wear & tear on your towing vehicle.
I'm leasing a tow vehicle, a Ford F250, so wear and tear is not an important consideration.

I really don't want to haul the boat from Franconia to Lake Winnipesaukee and back again more than once per year, even though most of the haul would be on I-93. I would like the convenience of a mooring, but have to balance the value/convenience against having to add around $500 per month to the budget. I was thinking that $1,800 per season would be in the ballpark, but I appear to have missed that ballpark by a quite a bit.

For clarification, I'm looking at this for the 2019 boating season, as it will take me at least three trips to get all of my vehicles, ATVs, and boats moved from Omaha to Franconia. Plus, it will take a couple of months just to get the house upgraded to my Wife's requirements, to get everything sorted out, and to get the new LaValley's Pierce Arrow 48'x28' garage built.

Jeff
260remguy is offline   Reply With Quote