View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #23
Old Hubbard Rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbowguts View Post
I want to apologize for posting this since it has been posted in other areas, However I did not see the answer to my specific question.. I just purchased a new seadoo spark pwc from a dealer in Massachusetts, I have a place in the lakes region and want to register the ski in NH. The "issue"'is that my cottage doesn't get usps and we don't get mail. My drivers license, cars and trailers are all registered in mass. I prefer to give the local town a few bucks and save on sales tax in mass.Will the NH reg have my mailing address in mass? So, in a nutshell, although I have a place in NH, I'm not a resident. What do I need for documentation and proof of residency? The sales slip has by NH address.. thanks for any info.. btw-- I have had my boating safety course for many years.
I think you are asking more about saving the sales tax that you would pay in MASS than can you register the PWC/boat in NH. I think if you are a NH resident and drivers license then maybe you can get around paying the tax in MASS but if you are a MASS resident then you may need to pay the tax in MA on the purchase. If you purchase the boat in NH you should not pay sales tax and you can easily register it in NH. Either way you can definitely register it in NH. I am really not sure so I am sure someone else can confirm.
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote