Thread: Gasoline prices
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #12
CoolandtheGang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC View Post
I suspect that most of us have been pleased with the relatively low gas prices we've enjoyed this summer, but one thing strikes me as odd.

For may years when I lived in Maine and worked in NH, I would buy my gasoline in NH as the prices here were consistently about a dime per gallon lower. For the past several months, however, the situation seems to be reversed.

Yesterday the lowest price I found in the "greater metro" Wolfeboro area was $2.219/gal. Our local station was at $2.299. As it happened, we had to make a trip into Maine where, without any searching, I was able to fill my tank for $2.179 at a major brand station.

Did I miss something? (It's been known to happen.) Did the state significantly raise our gasoline taxes recently? Just curious.
Been reading the forum for about 5 years and have gotten great insight and recommendations on dining, boating and recreation around Lake Winni. Thought I could share some of my knowledge on this topic.

Taxes are cheaper in NH by about $0.06. All in, gasoline taxes in NH are about $0.42 per gallon and Maine about $0.48 per gallon. The anamoly you reference could be the result of Maine requiring more of it's counties to use Reformulated Gasoline this year or due to the seasonal transitioning this month to higher RVP gasoline, "winter gas", which is cheaper.
CoolandtheGang is offline   Reply With Quote