View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
nhlover54

Default no wake zone petition

"270:12 Operating Restrictions. –
I. The commissioner of safety shall, after receiving a petition signed by 25 or more residents or property owners of each affected town or towns in which a lake, pond or river is located and after notice and hearing, at which it appears that the public interest requires, adopt rules governing the maximum horsepower of boat engines and outboard motors or prescribe maximum speed limits for the operation of such boats or outboard motors applicable to or upon all or any portion of the public waters of this state."

there are some people trying to impose a no wake zone in Morrison cove and some of the petitioners DO NOT own land IN Morrison cove. how is it that possible?? just because you live in a town (not even on the lake) you can attempt to impose restrictions on others?? (who DO live on the lake and in the cove and are opposed to the nwz) this is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure don't think folks who live in alton or laconia should have a say in what goes on in "our" cove....and as soon as the nwz is implemented then here come all the RUDE, OBNOXIOUS rafters who (OMIT: think they can) hang out all day in the cove, completely taking it over, blocking easy access to my dock/beach....then disposing of any litter/trash/ personal items, use the lake as their toilet (where else are they relieving themselves when they are anchored ALL DAY) then my neighbors and I spend the next few days picking up their trash......what a nightmare!!!!!!

Last edited by nhlover54; 07-11-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: poor choice of words, i apologize!!