View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #43
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default looking at my prior posts

I pretty much tried to stay on topic or chime in without aiming directly to SL supporters. In the beginning I was bad until I find out I am just wasting my time. I'm just adding fuel to the fire.

I was a member of Winnfabs in the beginning as I don't have a fast boat. After a few private meetings, I realize the agenda is not about safety but about raising the values of their properties. Lake George property values went up after they posted the speed limit. They were talking years ago about limiting size of boats and horsepower. The argument there is that they can claim Winnipesaukee as a water resevoir. Surrounding towns get their drinking water from the lake.

When they started soliciting folks signatures at supermarkets around NH. Not in the Lakes Region, and claiming the people of NH wants a speed limit. That really burns me. These are folks that have no clue how big the lake is or even visit the lake. I change my mind.

As for supporters saying they had bad PMs from opponents. I can tell you I was called a murderer by one supporter. Just because I said I can comfortably barefoot ski at 50 mph and I am teaching my children and grandchildren the sport. One called my a murderer to teach my siblings to barefoot ski! I am practicing and teaching my siblings on Lake Winnisquam. Thank you!

I have repeatedly remind the supporters to respect the Hartmann's and Beaudoin's wishes that they are not to be part of the SL debate. Mrs Hartmann expressly told me and I am a family member of the Beaudoins. Yet the supporters still use these cases as a ground for the SL.

I even saw one Winnfabs official leave the Meredith docks without properly ventilating the bilge before startup and proceed at above wake speed!

I'm done. There is no justice.