Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 03:12 PM   #163
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Your math is absolutely wrong... You cannot be mad at the Dive for other peoples illegal behavior. If you want to be a realist and say this behavior is what people do, that fine. But legally the Dive takes up 2 large boats worth of space on any given sandbar.

Unfortunately, that pic (and my boat is in that pic) was taken on the 4th of July a couple years ago and shows a whole lot of illegal rafting in Braun Bay. This is nothing new.

It because of this kind of rafting behavior, that when I get to (insert name here) sandbar, I take pictures.... so that when people anchor too close, I have my proof (for a judge) that I was there obeying the law, and that I am in no way responsible for other peoples behavior. This is also how I know how the NHMP measure distance between boats.

Woodsy
A picture is worth a thousand words, this is all too common on Winnipesaukee Sandbars.

At this point I NEVER go out on the water on Saturdays during the season, Its just way too busy for me and not at all fun.

As for the Dive at West Alton, last time I saw it there is was a total nightmare, just way too busy to have something like that there on a busy day. And the Paugas sandbar is even tighter.

I dont object to the Dive cruising the lake, or even rotating locations, but parking regularly at a single spot and monopolizing it is not going to make many people happy and they already have enough problems with acceptance.

Maybe they could park some distance from the sandbar (not in the most preferred shallow water) so as to not impact the recreational boaters? Wouldnt that be the best compromise???
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote