View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:29 AM   #74
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige Worldwide View Post
Attachment 15595

Good news Y’all.

I found a solution to the urine problem in Braun Bay. We just need a few of these “FLOATING SANITATION FACILITIES” (FSFs)

These remote floating restrooms are not only for boaters convenience but they will also improve the water quality for thousands of Laconia residents that get their drinking water from Lake Winnipesaukee.

Details:

ARAMARK Corporation Construction Division constructed the floating sanitation facilities. Although a number of different configurations have been constructed to meet varying design requirements, the FSFs typically have one accessible restroom, one standard restroom, a porta-potty dump station, and two hand-operated boat holding-tank pumpout stations. The FSFs can be anchored in open water with a unique self-leveling anchorage system with no labor or maintenance required.

The typical floating steel platform is 28 feet by 32 feet and has a 4,000-gallon holding tank. The minimum recommended 20- by 20-foot platform will carry a 1,000-gallon holding tank. The deck is constructed of a long-lasting fiberglass material. Lake water is used for flushing. A double-walled holding tank fixed below the structure’s floor stores the effluent. Solar panels supply the power.

The FSFs are cleaned and checked weekly, and pumped out once or twice a year. The toilets are removed from the lake and stored during the winter.

You’re Welcome. ��[emoji97][emoji97]

P.S. I can’t wait for someone to calculate how quickly the Braun Bay rafters will be able to fill up the 4,000 gallon holding tanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
So I have often thought about this solution, there are however some issues that need to be resolved however:

1. Who take on the responsibility of maintenance Towns? The State Park service? the Marine Patrol? Fish and Game? (by maintance, I mean monitoring, cleaning, season removal etc. )

2. How does something like this get paid for? added fee for boaters? some new tax? Point of use charge?

You can see where I am going, while something like this would be great, all the red tape means it will take a long time to get done..........