View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #56
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
This thread will be the demise of the Winnipesaukee.com/forum! The PC crowd will call some bigots, and the non-PC crowd will feel their 1st Amendment rights are being threatened. I think most members are good people, just expressing their opinion. Close the discussion now! I know this is an area where controversial topics can be discussed but this discussion may be on national news. Let's just let it die a natural death and not let the flatlanders be entertained by us.
This is a easy going forum where I find it more enjoyable to discuss specific lake or lake region issues but this really is one of them. However, the topic is a much bigger issue than what can be confined within the town borders of Wolfeboro.

I completely understand what you mean by this response but I immediately pictured a head in the sand or fingers in the ears saying "La La La La". I'm not sure why Wolfeboro needs police commissioners but did this guy do a good job? That needs to be considered prior to the pitch forks coming out. Our VP of this country has said some really racially boneheaded things and he was never at risk of being run out of office for them.

I do not agree with what this guy said but is it becoming social policy to tar and feather for every stupid thing said these days? Have all of us not said something stupid and off the cuff a time or two? Next time you say something dumb at work, will you voluntarily resign or agree with being terminated? If you do not plan to vacate your position for such a mistake, then you need to extend some degree of consideration to this guy too. Do not mistake that with accepting the behavior. I understand public figures are held (sometimes) to a higher standard. This is a lakes region issue and it has made national news. However, I do not see this forum's conversation creating any kind of punch line for Saturday Night Live.

Last edited by HomeWood; 05-18-2014 at 01:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeWood For This Useful Post: