View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #80
outlawfun

Smile

I remember when Hotels were booked solid, resteraunts were busy, marinas had a waiting list and fast boats were selling like crazy. Then implement a speed limit, harass the performance boaters and 3 years later, open rooms, slow resteraunts, slips available and selling for 50% off, marinas and boat sellers just hanging on with bow riders and pontoon sales, and some with boat rentals (the worst offenders of the rules by far). You push people with money to other areas and they take thier freinds with them (it's that simple). I'm always reading the performance boat boards and here the same thing all the time ( stay away from winni, they don't like performance boats) that's alot of money being sent else were weather you thinks so or not. Every boater in some fashion will spend money on a room, food, gas, boat repairs, slip, cloths or the other attractions while here. Some will say it's the economy but remember people with money don't mind spending it if they feel appreciated. I wrote an article a while back and said this would happen but the chosen few won the battle and now we should rethink things to help the local economy ( every dollar adds up ).