View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default I Just Don't Get it...

Sometimes I wonder how people got their boating certificate...

Coming back from Paugus Bay this morning we were in the Weirs channel. The current was really moving because the dam is open and water is being let out of the lake. The current had to be going 8 or 9 mph maybe faster and there were wakes and waves simply from the current. Anyway we come up behind a boat who isn't moving in the middle of the channel right in front of Thurston's gas dock. He is swerving left and right but not moving forward with little to no steering. I come up behind the boat and ask him if he is waiting for gas, he casually looks over at me and says no. I then tell him to please let me by as he is going too slow and I can't maintain steering at this speed. He proceeds to inform me that this is a no wake zone and I should not be causing a wake!! If this guy had any clue at all he would realize that a boat anchored in a 9 MPH current is going to leave a wake and in order to move forward you must be going faster than the current. This isn't rocket science! Are people really this stupid??

This guy gets the Darwin award for stupidest boater of the year!!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 08-27-2011 at 07:22 PM.