View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #203
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Not in my case. I have had several neighbors in the past short term rent and I do not have an issue with it. Only once in 8 years did I have a issue and it was taken care of immediately.

As a property owner I do not believe the city has the right to tell me how I can and can't rent my property
I also have a neighbor right across the street from me that rents all summer and I've had no issues in the 5 years I've been there. But I know of others in other areas that have lots of problems. So I see the need for some kind of oversight even though it doesn't affect me personally.
I actually know of some families that rent a large high end house on Winni every summer, $10,000 a week, and they think because they pay so much money they can do what ever they please. They have to find a new place every year because they are asked not to return.
They are wonderful people in their own neighborhood but they are the renters from hell.
This is one of the reasons I never rent out my place. I occasionally let friends use it free of charge but that is rare and only people I trust that I know will treat it like their own.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote