View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #30
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
As a New Hampshire resident, lake landowner and boater, I attended the public hearing on 4/10/19 in Concord and I am concerned that this bill SB 162, does not account for the protection of the recreational boaters. This bill will exempt spud anchored commercial vessels from adhering to the same rafting restrictions as recreational boaters. If the business requesting this change (The Dive) anchors near a recreational vessel that is already anchored in one of the 5 areas on Lake Winnipesaukee where this restriction applies, only the recreational boater is at fault and would be required to move or be fined.

It is my opinion as a New Hampshire resident, lake landowner and a recreational boater, applying a commercial exemption is unfair to the rights and controls that are in place today to protect both land owners and recreational boaters.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you need further information to support a educated vote on SB 162.

Thank you for the Representation
Here is a letter sent to the legislature by a friend of mine.... it is an interesting read.