View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 08:21 AM   #15
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
You all need to give The Dive a break here ..... there's a place for everything, and everything has its' place ...... and I do believe The Dive has truly found its' best place ..... at the Weirs Beach docks ..... sandwiched tightly between the Mount Washington 230' cruise ship, and The Pier, by renting out a great dock location from the one year old, Flightcraft on-the-water marina.

That location could go a long way to help make The Dive a successful business, and it will probably not go cruis'n out and about too much, because it is so way under-engined with those two 300-hp E-tec Evinrudes. It doesn't go too good up against a 15-mph wind. I watched it floundering about in Center Harbor bay. What it really needs is one or two diesels, which will never happen. It takes a long, long time to get it to a new location, so's it will probably just stay very close to home port, Weirs Beach ..... which is where the money is at ..... and where there's no upset and angry neighbors .... and where The Dive feels welcomed, there .... in Weirs' Beach.
FLL and I agree on something... Which as someone else brought up, begs the question why has this legislation not been dropped... My guess is the Dive owners have a vision... My guess is if they can get the first boat profitable, they will move onto the Dive #2.. learn from their mistakes, and make a more seaworthy platform.. This is just speculation of course...