View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #25
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default Call your rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
So as the story goes... I bought a boat in PA on labor day weekend back in 2007 from a dealer. PA registrations were for two years, the boat was on the first of the two year registration. PA also allowed the transfer of the paid registration to the new owner, that being me. Same went for the trailer. Brought the boat back to NH and used it out the rest of '07. In the spring of '08 I went to Concord the register the boat and trailer. The trailer was re-plated and the registration fees was based on the sale date. The boat was also subject to the same thing I was charged for '07 and '08. When I questioned this and asked to speak to a "supervisor" it was explained to me that was the way it works. I though it was odd but if the person in charge says that's the way it's done who am I to say otherwise. I have heard others that have had the same thing happen.
Thanks for the extra detail. I still don't think you should have paid for 2007. I'm not a trouble maker, but I have found that a call to my state rep in such cases often got somebody to re-read the rule and/or there was a bill filed next year to clarify. I'd bet 50% of what the legislature does is pass bills that fix old laws that had unintended consequences. Some oif our state reps are very good at problem solving, especially the senior ones.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote