View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 06:53 PM   #49
ApS

Thumbs up Harbor Freight: Worth a Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
I've patronized HF for many years and have had no failures with the products I've bought, and I am an active "shade tree mechanic" that works nearly daily to maintain and repair my fleet of four older vehicles ('82 - '01). China-phobes need not shop there.
My experience as well, although it was with some temerity when I stored the extra set of brushes that came with HF's $7.95 four-inch electric grinders.

The Blue-Point brand mentioned previously sells a polyurethane hammer, used to separate delicate metal or wood fittings. At its center is a small steel cylinder, filled with oil and lead-shot. Its purpose is to deliver forceful hits without damaging the work product. However, after a few years, the molded polyurethane covering weakens, and will send large chunks of orange polyurethane all over the shop. (And this is how I found out about the small steel cylinder, filled with oil and lead-shot inside).

No warranty, of course.

Harbor Freight sells a cordless saber saw. For less than $20, it comes in handy when something needs trimming beyond the reach of an extension cord. It's only OK in trimming smaller branches.

My major gripe is that the chargers again look the same, but are not marked, and the voltages are different between HF's saws and HF's drills.

That may change with the introduction of Lithium-ion batteries in place of the cheaper Ni-Cad batteries. Prices, in the newer brands have already gone up on the order of 50 percent.
Attached Images

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote