Thread: Sallys Gut
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 10:44 PM   #7
Winilyme

Default Consider...

going west to east, exiting on the Fish Cove side. Going the other way, there's a tendency to give way a little too far to starboard just before entering the channel. This is because it's difficult to see what's coming from the other direction and it's quite narrow. On that north side near the entrance there's at least one rock just below the surface that was unmarked one year ago. I found that out the hard way as I scratched my way across it on my two month old jet ski. It's marked by someones makeshift red buoy now but on a larger boat, I'd rather be on the south side of the channel heading east.

From Fish Cove, I'd take that boat south, east, and north up past Cattle Landing and around Bear. From there, south around Welch for the great view of the broads. Back up to Glendale and following the west coast north through the no wake and Governors Island bridge and onto Weirs or Meredith. On that boat on a nice day, your guests aren't going to want a short ride. As the pilot, I wouldn't either. Have fun.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: