View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Know what that is? It's a total and complete lack of respect is what it is. Surprising to see this now a days, not really. How sad is that. Ya know I'm not exactly very old, OK just turned the big 40 - but really relatively 'young' and will never admit to acting like a grown up per say. Anyways, my parents were about the best role models I could have ever dreamed of having, my Dad ruled with an iron fist and taught us right and wrong, my Mom taught us to be kind, compassionate, think of others before yourself, be thankful for the blessings you have and most of all work hard and respect others. All very simple attributes to teach and I struggle every day as a parent to pass that same set of values off to my children. The sad thing is that much of this is lost in today's society which is teaching self indulgence. There is no more respect for others or even the law unless you get caught. I am so often appalled at the way people behave in public, dress in public and so forth. It's no surprise that more and more places are being closed off to the public because folks now a days can't appreciate what is provided and have the decency and respect enough to leave it at least the way they found it.

It's not just kids either, my gosh I work in a professional environment and I won't even dare use the kitchen area at work it's so filthy and disgusting. It's not to say that everyone is like that, but a growing segment of the population is like this and I find it sad. Like a previous posting says, places like the lake, the mountains, parks and recreational areas attract people because of their natural beauty, why anyone would purposely leave trash, dog crap, etc.. behind is beyond me. If they are so into that maybe their next vacation should be at the local land fill! Ironically often times the ones that create the problems are the same ones that complain so much about why they have limited or lost access to places that were once open to the public! They can't even see it's a result of their own behavior!

OK off my soap box...
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: