View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetPointWentworth View Post
It would be really interesting if it was debris from the original Mount Washington. The post fire pictures make it obvious that there's not much left, but it would still be really interesting to see the wreckage. In one post fire pic, it looks as though one of the paddle wheels made it through the fire. Thanks again Diver1111. We all get to play a little Indiana Jones along with you. Thanks for sharing.
Much of it was hauled out and dumped near Rattlesnake. A few years back (well, maybe as many as ten) a few guys went looking with sonar and found some debris. There wasn't much left. Some wood & pipes & clamps. From what I remember, it was pretty deep, and buried deep in the bottom muck/silt. I still have the article from the Grunter, and will scan and post when I get home.

That's not to say that there aren't good-sized chunks of the wreckage scattered along the way to the deep part of the Lake. Amazing how much stuff is right off the Weirs.