View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #21
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Omg

OK OK..... This is getting way to ridiculous.... THe Constitution????? what are you people thinking about..... I will admit there is plenty to argue about here....but the Constitution has no play here.... You people need to realize one thing a hundred years ago these same arguements where probably being made about those great horseless carriages.... Why? because times where changing and evolution is a scary thing.... but lets face it boating has changed some for the good some for the bad. It is because of the bad that we are in the current situation. Every year the boats get faster... well what we are now seeing is that people are taking a stand on what they feel is fast enough. Just like with cars. And to take a step back the last time there where arguements with boats like this it was over noise polution, and sure enough the law was but on the books, just like it will eventually for this as well... We can either fight it kicking and screaming or we can help shape it. I think the idea of setting up a couple of Trial speed zone this summer is the right thing to do.... And instead of fuss and scream about the injustice of it all everyone should be standing up and telling the transportation committee that the trail zones are the way to go. Then we can see weather or not it is enforcable, and how many people are really going that fast. In short we can let the statistic show us where to go with this. I mean if the MP goes an entire summer and doesn't write any tickets, then well maybe the law isn't so worth while. But if they write several tickets, and they hold up in court, well then that leads us somewhere else. My hope would be that the state finds that they control speed in restricted area of the lake, and therefore just like the roads have speed zones.... and leave areas like the broads wide open.

In short leave the constitution out of this... and be prepared because weather we like it or not there will most likely be a speed limit sooner or later.....

(now um just let me say one thing.... I am a speed freak.... and I realize this is comming.... what I hope is to save area's like the Broads.... for all out excitemtent)