Thread: Sunny Villa
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
ApS

Thumbs up The "Way-Back" Machine...

The original Sunny Villa was a regular stop for my family.
Like many restaurants of that time, they served an "American" menu. ( Worked for me! )

Sadly it fell into disrepair decades ago. Over the years, additions to the south of the restaurant only added a tawdry appearance to a once-tidy structure.

A New Hampshire-style flea market eventually took over the indoor dining room area. For a reasonable commission, the knowledgeable sales-staff would sell your personal antiques, collectibles and "junque". A lot of Lakes Region nostalgia was assembled there—a visit there was similar to a museum visit!

The view northeast from the restaurant is primarily of New Hampshire's broad and heavily-forested Green Mountain. (Hiking trails abound there, and I don't believe there are any difficult trails).

Just "up the road" from the Sunny Villa is a furniture vendor who took their company name from their view of that expansive mountain scenery. (I think "The Green Mountain Furniture Company" really belongs in the "Green Mountain State").

Just for old time's sake—and nostalgia going 'way back—I'm definitely going to give it a try.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote