View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 12:16 PM   #119
rsmlp

Default I'm with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda321 View Post
This thread is frankly disturbing to read as someone in their 30s. If I were to show half as much contempt towards the older generation for ratcheting up the skyrocketing debt and destroying the environment or whatever else thing about the world we inherited, y'all would lambast me for being disrespectful to others.

I also have high suspicions on which of you don't actually know many (or any) people of the generation you lambast, and would share my own stories but suspect you will be reading it to cherry pick what fits your preconceptions, and I have better things to do. But as someone who recently joined this forum, I'm not sure I feel all that welcome now.
As a parent of 5 children ranging in age from 23-33 I'm with 100%. Saying that the younger generation is less hard working than our generation is just plain ignorant. My kids work their ASSES off. Much harder than I had to work and I have enjoyed some success. I've read this stupid comment before and frankly whoever writes it is just plain embarrassing yourselves. Perhaps your own hapless kids are indolent but I'll thank you to not paint an entire generation that way.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsmlp For This Useful Post: