View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #118
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda321 View Post
This thread is frankly disturbing to read as someone in their 30s. If I were to show half as much contempt towards the older generation for ratcheting up the skyrocketing debt and destroying the environment or whatever else thing about the world we inherited, y'all would lambast me for being disrespectful to others.

I also have high suspicions on which of you don't actually know many (or any) people of the generation you lambast, and would share my own stories but suspect you will be reading it to cherry pick what fits your preconceptions, and I have better things to do. But as someone who recently joined this forum, I'm not sure I feel all that welcome now.
Don't give up on us old farts. We are from a generation that has to see physical change first hand in real life. We don't believe or trust what we can't see or touch.
It's unfortunate that the only news that captures headlines is bad news.
I have kids in their 30's and I'm thankful that they are all mature hard working adults but I still work harder than all of them at 65.
You are right about one thing, we have to take ownership of the problems of today, They are because of us and not you! Your generation has a lot of work to do to clean up our mess. I hope you're up to the task.
I'm afraid you will be saying the same thing about the younger generation when you get to be our age as our parents said those same things about us. It's a right of passage.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote