View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 02:42 PM   #111
iw8surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
To get back on topic, one of the things that is central to making MA and NH the best states to live is education--MA is always in the top couple and NH usually top 5.

I often hear, however, that NH's population is aging and that young (educated) people move elsewhere for work. Is that a function of pay? I know Crucon moved to CH, but why don't high-tech companies move to NH? Is it access to workforce, utility costs?

And how do people see the future of the Lakes Region?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I moved to NH at 22 after getting out of school and was culture shocked. Hardly had any friends who were sub 40 years old. When I worked in Laconia I found it very difficult to fill skilled positions with the talent pool in the area. Mainly not even due to education or lack of aka no college degrees etc but more so the general caliber of people who were applying ie not showing up to interviews, people constantly late or even how getting people to pass a preemployment drug screen was near impossible.

Now that I've moved companies and now work in Nashua it is MUCH easier to fill skilled positions from a larger talent pool from both NH and northern MA.

If I was a company I would be targeting more towards southern NH than anywhere near the Lakes Region.
iw8surf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iw8surf For This Useful Post: