View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #47
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
In NH lakes region I think you would still need another heat source for those extreme cold spells. I know some of the Hyper units say the will work to -15 but what happens if you find out it won't keep up and you have no other heat source?
From what I have heard firsthand, the newer "hyper heat" split systems work extremely well even in extreme cold. Honestly how often does it get to -15...did it ever get that cold around here in the past couple years?? If that is a concern you could always have a couple of plug in baseboard heaters for that one or two days you MAY need them for a couple hundred bucks or less, then put them back in the closet when done...or have a couple baseboards permanently installed if you don't mind the look. The savings on the mini splits would certainly make up for any added cost which would be minimal.

I am having a Mitsubishi Hyper Heat unit installed now in living space (aprox 750 sq ft) over a detached garage I am having built as my only heat source and have no second thoughts about doing so. We shall see...

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 09-20-2019 at 09:05 AM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote