Thread: Elvio's Pizza
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 02:04 AM   #46
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
Really, Veria's? In Hudson NH? Weirdest pizza I have ever had, hands down, in my 58 years and that includes a LOT of pizza. That time span includes working during college at a Godfathers pizza where, I thought, we broke new ground in Weird pizza on the slow days. For me Verias was my second worst pizza experence behind only a ready to bake pizza I bought in Kazahkstan in a 7-11 like store. They had NO clue
More to the point of the thread, I recently tried Piccolos and found it to be excellent. Reminiscent of the pizzas of my childhood near Chicago.
Yes! It's the closest (Greek) pizza I've had to a childhood joint called Jimmy's in Dracut, MA. EVERY Friday until my teens--we weren't well off, so takeout pizza was a treat--we'd get a large hamburger, French fries, and an American sub for Dad. The original owners abruptly sold and new owners changed the recipe sometime in my mid-teens, and we never went back. I can still smell the pizza--I always held it on my lap--and my dad, who would pick me up directly after work smelling like machine oil.

Nostalgia makes everything taste better.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: