View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 06:25 AM   #81
ApS

Wink *Apologies to "Crocodile Dundee"...

Foreword:

I note that most of the Opponents in this year's "Speed Limits" sub-forum did not participate in an opportunity for closure in the Final Statements thread. Much rancor could have been defused.

In an effort to keep rancor to a minimum, I'll keep my quotes "generic".

Re: Regarding NH's "safety" in US stats:

Can you name any smaller "less-safe" state that has so much frozen water?

Re: Lt. Dunleavey on alcohol on board:

That's a misquote?*

*Now HERE is a misquote by "M.P. Dunleavey"...(at bottom)...

"Now THAT'S a Misquote!"

Re: "Combining the two lowest speed categories results in the highest # of fatalities".

Manipulating the stats in that manner will include anchored boats. Are you sure that manipulation is what you want to have archived here—forever?

Re: "...I probably have alcohol on my boat every day..."

You don't know?

Re: A steel hull boat with less than 10 hp motor that has to operate between 10 to 20 mph in order to eliminate the most amount of death. OK I will go for that. New law to replace the SL law!
Does all the SL supporters agree?????

I doesn't.

We all know that there will always be boats at anchor and always be oversized boats with "tipsy drivers", so my answer will be, that "there will always be death on the water".

(And, maybe, some deaths from running-up ashore. )

A good place to begin restrictions is at the infamous, unlimited-speed-deathtrap known as the "Poker Run".

And any semblance thereof—such as the side-by-side races off Rattlesnake Island by two—or more—over-powered boats...

Especially while observing the 150'-rule!

|
|
|