View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #76
VtSteve

You appear to be far more easily influenced by things that I thought APS. I've been on so many boating boards I don't remember all of the sites. From Hull Truth to many, many more. Certainly, some of the participants have changed my theory that all boaters share common ground

I'm at a complete loss as to why you are still so disturbed over the facts of that accident.

It occurred at sane plane speeds, both boats under 30 mph.

The smaller boat (21') hit the larger boat

The authorities seemed intent on charging the driver of the smaller boat with various things;

filing a false report
impeding an investigation
possibly BUI
having no boater's certificate

You come back to post this because you are also a bit disturbed that not everyone thought of the 21' Sea Ray as a Performance Boat. That's your hang-up, not mine. So let's call it two performance boats just to make you feel better. K? But you have an interesting perspective on the CG Chart math as well

Basically, you won't read the facts of that boat case and just state it. You have to interpret, insinuate, and try to massage and manage it for your own agenda. What the heck does that say about your Perspective on anything? Your perspective goes right out the window when it involves this topic. You can't even look at an accident without deciding who was at fault before reading the article.

I certainly respect your views APS, but it's your judgment I wonder about. The post you Thanked, was interesting. Anyone that's been around boating boards, especially ones dealing with safety, would know full well the BUI problem that exists on waterways everywhere. It was obvious why that particular restaurant was ridiculed about their serving Littlefield. Because the link to a WINFABS founder was tooo obvious. Heck, same thing as last year's crash with Erica at the helm. But nobody covered up or lost their bar tabs did they?

Just for balance, how about posting some stories about small boats with drunk drivers. Maybe that can expand your frame of reference.