View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #16
NHBUOY

...Wow..parallel universe BH..lol...between the peeps of the H2O ski club and Mr. Cook's penthouse crew, Alton had some awesome skiers...I "think" your barefoot guy was Paul &/or Peter Belkis.?..Steve Puopolo, Tony Cameratta, Charlie Bergoyne, G. Stevens, J. Malone, Jim McKone, Jack Travers (now owns a very successful water-ski school in Fla. AND was the "inventor" of the arm slings the jumpers use called the "Jack Strap") and a slew of others...Some good times were had with the "Catholic girls" too.. ...Q?..Do you remember the Chris-Craft X-19(22?) named Hurricane that was used for the ski races.?..Always liked that boat, but never knew who owned it.?...I love this memory lane/bench racin stuff...I think your right about bringing "something" back for the "kids"...unfortunately, the speed/save them from themselves people will make this more than difficult...Do the waterskiers even have a slalom course or jump ramp to use anymore.?..the "good old days" were just that, it seems....fyi...The "50 Special" was a 1959/60 21' Century Coronado w/a "built" Caddy motor with a "6-pack" carb set-up owned by D. Purdy...loved that boat, my family always had Century Resorters when Vin "was" Channel Marine (with Stan & B. Rooney)...APBA/RNE mean anything to you..?..thanx for sharing...likin this...