View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #171
Redbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Redbarn....

It took me all of 5 minutes to find it on the Laconia City website. Currently in the RS districts (Residential Single family) of Laconia...

Hotel/Motel/Inn = Not Permitted
Boarding/Rooming/Lodging = Not Permitted
Bed & Breakfast = Conditional Use Permitted

The City has and should enforce the existing rules! Under the existing rules the short term rentals are not allowed. The City is trying to reach a compromise that is fair to all....

I have attached the Zoning doc so you can see for yourself!

Woodsy
Short term rentals do not meet the definition of everything you just cited. We have gone through this before in this thread. I am out we are just rehashing the same things.

You keep pulling me back in haha. I don't care to comment anymore but you below post references boarding/rooming/lodging and then cites the hotel definition. All well and good but again you are mixing the current argument about the need for a variance in downtown and the need for this new thing in the current article. Hotels etc are permitted in for example the weirs. I also disagree with your view on the definition and There are work arounds. There is going be a lot of issues created from this in the weirs that did not existed before due to this. They should have left it alone.

Last edited by Redbarn; 06-19-2019 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Comment on below post
Redbarn is offline   Reply With Quote