View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
WinnDixie

Default Every bit helps!

Thanks, Chickie! We have sparse information handed down in the family, but we do know that Russ' grandfather spent summers "on the farm" when he was a child (which would have been late 1800's/very early 1900's). This has to be the one...John P.'s first wife was Mary Maloon. John Rodney was born in 1852, so we're guessing that is the John the farm was deeded to. Russ thought his grandmother said "Gilmanton"...but that isn't cast in stone. I did try to access the Registry of Deeds, and it won't load. I do have Java and all the "right stuff" (I'm pretty sure), but I am barely a "consumer" and the jargon, as I cruised around ,intimidated me pretty fast...so I slunk away in defeat! That's OK, though, you've given us another piece of the puzzle.

All you "kids" out there...all this history may seem boring. I know I was never all that interested; we did not take full advantage of asking questions (and writing stuff down!!) when the older generation was still here. We didn't care about genealogy. Well, as time goes on you may find you very much want to make the connection between your past and now. You will also get glimpses of what life was like back then which will amaze you. Russ' grandmother could not even vote when she was first married...and lots of people didn't think a thing about that! We've "come a long way"...and the journey has been so interesting!!
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote