View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #17
bigdog

Default Furnace Problem ?

More furnace issues..... Or maybe just the same one?
FYI, this is an oil furnace heating by FHW.

Furnace just has never really never woked smoothly, for any long length of time. By that I mean like 2-3 weeks time. Over the winter, I've spent over $1000 on labor and parts, and I'm probably underestimating...

Since last year, I think I've replaced all the major components on the furnace, including 'powerr venter'. Latest issue was noticed upon recent arrival to house, after a one week absence. Furnace was off, so I pushed the 'reset button' on furnace, and it came on first attempt. Prior to this, thermostats on both floors of house were set around 55 degrees. After furnace came on, I set the thermostats at 60 degrees, and have left there. That was 2 days ago.

Just went to draw hot water and noticed it was 'luke-warm' !
Checked furnace, and it was 'off' ! @$*(@^$_*(@^*$_@*(^$#&*(^$*
Anyway, hit reset and furnace came on again.

I've had two different oil dealers service this furnace in the last year and a half. I've changed oil dealers b/c I didn't like the service I was given for one reason or another. Enough said ! These guys are suppose to be the
so-called experts, that's why they charge you $80-100 per hour.

I've explained the issue with furnace shutting down, to both oil dealers, and they both completely checked thw system, and cannot identify what is causing furnace to shut down at any given time.?

TG is Spingtime, and not threat of freezing can occur, especially when I may be away from property.

Probably going to seek another oil dealer service, maybe a third source will have a better idea, about furnace shutdown for no reason ?

#1 - Has anyone on the Forum experienced furnace issues as I've described?

#2 - Shouldn't I be able to lower my furnace to say 50-55 degree,
without the furnace shutting off? Or is there possibly some type fo 'low-limit' swithch on furnaces, that will shut down system automatically, if it reaches a low temp?

Any help or information is greatly apprecaited !

BD
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote