View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #35
longislander

You are correct, rslmp, liberalism, in the form of Obamacare, has caused the health care fiasco.

I'm on Medicare A & B, being 66 years of age (and very healthy) and also have Cigna as part of my pension from a previous employer ... at least for now.

I'm not familiar with the particulars of your situation, but since you are looking for insurance, I'm presuming you're an "independent" insurance seeker.

Not only is Anthem the only show in NH, but 10 of NH 's 26 hospitals are excluded!!

http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/w...ketplace-plans

We've just begun to hear the horror stories ... more will pop-up in 2014 ... loss of health insurance by those now covered by employers ... deductibles ... premiums ... God helps us ... Obamacare will not!

Was there only Anthem before Obamacare? Were there only 16 hospitals in the system ... excluding some of the best in the state!

Where was the clamor for insurance reform that Obamacare fixed? Why wasn't the issue the cost of medical care ... not insurance ... get ready for single payer system.

"Technically, it is not illegal to forgo insurance coverage. The Supreme Court affirmed the "penalty" portion of the ACA as a type of tax and within the authority of the Federal government to assess. So as a consumer, you have the choice of obtaining insurance or paying the penalty "tax". For younger folks, it could be much less expensive to pay the penalty than to sign up for expensive coverage they may not need.
Of course, having no insurance if fine as long as you don't come down with a serious illness. "

... and what if the young refuse to pay the "tax" ... is that not illegal ... and is it not because of Obamacare! Maybe the government will decide "breathing" needs to be taxed ... tea in the Harbor, anyone!

Sure ... I know ... the IRS will chase the illegals, probably only some select segment of society, that the IRS chooses to pursue ... and that will make everything so nice and equal.