View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #9
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Many years ago, I discussed this with my insurer. The car and the trailer were considered one vehicle when connected. There was some indication of coverage in the event of accidental disconnect. The parallel was a ski rack that falls off your car and hits a following vehicle. Covered. So is cargo that falls out of the bed of your pick up truck. There was no coverage if the trailer was parked and rolled down hill into somebody or something, unless it was specifically listed on the policy. It's worth asking, if a boat falls off the trailer and there are injuries, which policy pays? And increase your Umbrella.
Mine used to be like that however it has since changed, in fact my insurance company notified me of such even though I had the boat already covered. Basically if I were to get into an accident with the boat in tow, whatever damage the boat and trailer do (liability equiv) is covered under the vehicle policy, any damage done to the boat and trailer (comprehensive\collision equiv) fall under the boat policy. Both the boat and trailer VINs are listed on my boat policy.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote