View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Yeeeah Lawn Psycho: NH's 2nd, 3rd & 4th largest lakes; Squam, Winnisquam & Newfound all have some nice state boat launches while Winnipesaukee, the biggest lake, does not have a similar state launch area.

In the past, Winnipesaukee had Ames Farm as the defacto "state" boat launch, but that's no longer happening for the guy with a trailer boat and a twenty dollar bill that was good for a day on the water and a nice spot to access the lake in Gilford.

The NH Republicans will never-ever-never-ever build a new state boat launch on Winnipesaukee........all those over-fed, lazybones Republicans want to do is say "NO" and never create or build nothing that helps the little guy who wants to get out on the lake for short money.
Even better is a family friend has given me free use access to the lake! With my work travels, this has been a good year to play trailer boater

Many people believe Winni is the best boating because it's the biggest lake. I hope they continue to think that

Had never been to Moosehead until last week. Blows Winni away but of course it's a long haul to get there.

Losing Ames was a travesty for the eastern portion of Winni. Nice wide ramps, parking never an issue, easy in/out, etc. Ideal really.

The access to Winni is a real issue. Very limited number of ramps for the size of the lake that it is. And of course many places have parking issues like the Alton public ramp. Winni is not really a trailer boat lake.

The single factor influencing boat ownership, IMO, is the loss of home equity for people to buy the expensive toys. Of course the gas and economy always play a part but I think the growth from 2000-2007 was unrealistic because of the housing bubble.

I've done the numbers and a pool makes way more sense. I'll keep the boat until the move happens.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote