View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #66
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
I just do not understand why one would need to go faster than 45mph in a boat on this lake. Is the thrill of high speed addicting to some degree? Aren't there other ways to satisfy that addiction without diminishing the rights of others to share and enjoy the people's lake in peace?
It cannot be denied that there were many many people who were either scared to use the lake or scared when they used it under the previous laws and conditions. Now EVERYONE can use the lake whenever they want and feel safe doing so. And even those who like speed can go up to 45 mph within the law...a pretty fast speed in a boat.
What's the problem? Why fix what ain't broke?

Speed is a Relative Term.

45mph in your boat maybe fast.

45mph in my boat is just a tad over cruise speed and the superior hull design makes it seem as you are only going 25mph.

Yes Speed is Addictive!!!!

I agree 100% with Safe Boating for everyone on the lake and I have done so for the last 10+ years. I am fanatical over the 150 rule and would never do a high speed blast in one of the bays or with boat traffic in the area.

HOWEVER, Speed Limit or No Speed Limit if I am in the Broads all alone and I feel it is safe to do so 50mph to 60+mph will occur often...

Doing 60+ in one of the crowded bays is inconsiderate and stupid, but I would like to know who is being harmed by me doing 65 in the Broads when no one is around?