View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #40
VtSteve

It would appear ELCHASE, that you aren't paying attention. Many people have responded to threads this year indicating that the same problems that existed before, exist today. People have pointed out and described specific incidents on the lake, quite a few of them I might add, where they did not feel safe and have had to alter their boating style to protect themselves.

I know it's convenient to focus on what you consider to be fast enough in a boat, opinions vary. But this quote from you is a prime example of not getting it.

Quote:
Now EVERYONE can use the lake whenever they want and feel safe doing so. And even those who like speed can go up to 45 mph within the law...a pretty fast speed in a boat.
What's the problem? Why fix what ain't broke?
It is Broke, and no, people cannot feel safe anytime on the lake. Anybody can go to Winfabs and read their propaganda. But people that share your viewpoint as stated, do not and will not participate in discussions of these problems. I might reiterate an rather inconvenient truth, again. A very select few people on these forums own boats that can do 60 mph, or even 50 mph. What you don't want to admit is that this is not the issue. You can say it is, but that does not make it so. The MP themselves know this, most everyone does. If you have a beef with the people themselves or their boats in particular, state so. Everyone discusses these things pretty freely, as I'm sure you're well aware.

Participate in the Captain Bonehead thread and make us believers. There are obviously many out there that do not share your belief that all is safe and wonderful on the water. Perhaps you should at least show an interest in their stories?

At least give some consideration to what's being said about unsafe boating on the lake as it is today.