View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 08:03 AM   #23
map

We just moved/retired here a little over a month ago and have been in the house doing some needed projects. Of course, we made a lot of trips to Lowes and elsewhere to purchase things, but essentially have been home working and taking care of business, establishing ourselves as new residents and so forth.

Now we were hoping to establish a life that we envisioned and get out and about and be social. Join some groups, etc. Ain't happening.

So, we continue to stay in with just occasional trips to the grocery store or bank or post office. We are on the internet a lot and watch TV. I read a little. I take walks and I do exercise a bit also. My husband is getting bored and I am a bit antsy. We only can do so many projects. Thank goodness we essentially are home bodies, but this is overkill for us and we ain't get any younger! I can't imagine people that hate staying put having to stay home.

I really need a haircut- haven't had one since we left NY (hubby had one last week) and I do want to go out and buy maple syrup this week. We are expecting a new mattress delivery within the next week or so and also have to go back to Lowes to order a storm door installation. That's our big excitement.

It's funny. We were just saying in times like these we were better off in our former compound in NY on 10 1/2 acres in isolation, with a huge freezer and pantry/bunker/food storage and water and game on the property and with our medical team in place already. Hubby will be needing high blood pressure medication and does have an appt. with a new doc in another week. I hope he can get his medication supply with no issues. You just never know what life will bring you.

Stay well, everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to map For This Useful Post: