View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #25
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Hole in the wall takes a certain type of person to own, because it is so intimate to boaters going by. Having said that, this would really only be a weekend concern. That part of the lake is very quite during the week...I keep looking at the add for HiW and keep wondering how seriously I should let myself think about it.

If it could just be 6 years from now, with both my boys through college, I think I would be all over it at the current price....

People have been talking about prices on island properties, but its properties on the lake in General that have sky rocketed since the 90's... Lots of money came out of the stockmarket in the early 2000s and found its way into more stable real-estate investments...

As much as I love the lake, I am often wondering if the price of being on Winnipesaukee will ultimately drive me away and cause me to head some place more remote, like Moosehead in Maine.