View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #63
jmen24

The problem with targeting to teens, is they do not want to go somewhere like that with their parents, they want to wander with their friends and hangout. Would you drop your teenage kids off at the Weirs to ride a coaster, or take a turn on the wheel? And if you did, what would you do while they were there.

I cannot even count the number of different businesses that I have seen in my lifetime that catered solely to teens that lasted more than a year or two. Teens get bored very quickly and each generation is in to its own thing. Putting yourself in their shoes doesn't work, because they don't fit.

A quick look around the country will give you an idea that in the amusement park world, it is go big or go home. The locations that have a single amusement type ride, bring far more to the table.

I should reclassify my prior statement about nostalgia, it isn't completely irrelevant. When it is preserved and presented in a way that shows it has been cared for or cared about, I am all for it. If it is allowed to rot in the backyard, not so much and it needs to be cleaned, because it is an eyesore.

Every time I travel through the Weirs, it reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote