View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 08:31 PM   #32
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
The color or one's vehicle matters...

Yellow was the color of my 1980 Ford Pinto. That allowed me to call it my "jello car" in my best Cheech and Chong accent.

Orange was the color of my Subaru Crosstrek. In the first week of ownership wifey and I were accosted by a loud unhinged nut job who was checking his mailbox in a residential neighborhood. He went off on us yelling about why would anyone make an orange car and why would anyone buy an orange car. We thought he was joking but as his rage escalated we accelerated the hell out of there!

Silver is my favorite as it allows months of carwash avoidance.

So yeah, color matters.
Color matters, sure, but—at least for me—not enough to psychoanalyze the shift in offerings throughout the decades.

I've had most every color, but white is the most logical to me—even when reasonably dirty, it almost always looks good and with a nice wash it shines; it stays cool in sun; and it's the easiest to cover scratches.

Black is the worst, but it looks awesome clean. Actual colors are for specific style cars. For example, the new Corvette belongs in blue while the Camaro always looked best in yellow and the Mustang in red...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote