View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #2
SailinAway

I'm confused. You seem to be saying that you're tired of the controversy in the Covid section? But then you assert an opinion that's likely to stir up controversy, calling the Covid discussions "bs" and saying posters are "beating the alarmist drum."

I don't personally care where the Covid section appears. It has been probably the most active section for the past two years, so I wouldn't be in favor getting rid of it. The activity in that section shows that people think this is an important topic. And valuable information about things like where to get vaccinations has been posted.

As for the two recent investment threads (I started one of them), I think that's a valid use of this kind of community forum---getting information, opinions, and advice from knowledgeable people. I've personally benefited greatly from the high level of knowledge about home maintenance here.

But as you point out, these topics aren't specific to the Lakes Region, although there are several Covid threads that are specific to this area. I think it's good that this website serves as a meeting place for people to discuss a variety of things on their mind, especially during a time when gathering in public places has been difficult.

My personal opinion is that people who deny the existence of a public threat or post false information about a public threat should be banned and their posts should be removed. In other words, this website should be a public service, not a detriment to public safety.
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: