Thread: "Lock" lugs
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 06:56 PM   #11
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
Again, thanks. The vehicle sales pitch included a spiel on the advantages of having these locks. It didn't mean anything to me (If I lived in Boston, maybe), but the later mention of not being reusable didn't ring true at all.

So- if the person who told me this (not being reusable lugs) was the same person who would be doing the work, should I reconsider, or discuss this with him (he's long-time local- I know him personally and feel committed).

Don't you just hate this type of situation?!? I do.
if a mechanic, or any other tradesman, was telling me BS I would never go to them again.

A number of years ago I was in some quick lube place getting an oil change and the guy at the counter was giving some woman the hard sell on a fuel system flush and transmission flush. He said "It's right in your manual to get this done" The woman turned around and said "You're a man and probably know more about cars, what do you think?" I said, "go get your manual and have him show you were it says that" The good news is he tossed me out and I did not have to pay for my oil change.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote