View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
How does water quality differ EVEN from last year?

I just boiled some water, and the strange odor is indescribable. A combination of hot metal and burning paint?

Is it the odor of burning/boiling cyanobacteria?

In the past year, has there been a change in the water, or have our recent tenants used some strange cleanser on the kettle or (electric) burner? A stainless steel pot produces somewhat less of the same odor.

The lake is changing ... We have to deal with an odor when we don't use our place for a couple of week.... once we get all the water in the system changed over the smell disappears....

Unfortuantely as more houses, and Condos have been built, and lots clear cut, much more contaminated run off gets into the lake....

While I like to see efforts to try and clean up the lake.... I am afraid people have become concern to late.... While the lake will likely remain viable for recreation through my life time, I fear my children will see a significant degradation of the lake quality during theirs...

Many things need to change... fertilizers, decreased foliage on the water front etc. all play a factor....