View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #4
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

There are a lot of scams when it comes to vehicle repairs.

I have never heard of a picture machine that checks alignment. I cannot see how taking a picture can tell you much except if the tires are wearing unevenly, and no picture is needed for that.

I have had dealerships tell me while the car was still being accepted and the service order written up that an alignment was needed. I won't believe that unless that car was actually placed on the alignment machine to be checked.

As far as your friend being charged a price other than what was agreed on: If the tires were put on a credit card I would contest the charge. I would also contact the General Manager of the dealership and demand that the quote be honored.

Speaking of scams:
Two months ago I attempted to order a new car at a Laconia dealership. They would not sell the car without putting the $650 "finish protector" on it. (Who even knows if they actually put anything on it). I said I wanted it just the way it came off the truck and I would pay MSRP. They refused to sell it that way. Can you say scam? I ordered it at a different dealership that adds nothing and absorbs any dealer fee into the MSRP.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote