Thread: Face Masks
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #31
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Shelley update

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Yes--I have noticed the same--Skelley's and Pier 19 are not masked in general, Hunter's and EM Heath are masked in general. I think this is the leadership of each store. Certain places broadcast the masked vibe, and certain others do not.

Examples: When you let your employees pull their masks down over their chins, you are broadcasting a non-masked vibe. When you teach your employees to use latex gloves and to gently chide customers (like me) who absent-mindedly walk the wrong way down one-way aisles, you are broadcasting a masked vibe.

Skelley's has been a terrific store for years, and Pier 19 looks like they've invested a ton of money. I'm sad to report that I am doing all I can to avoid them.
It seems we’re spending lots of time at Skelleys lately.....gas for jet skis and boat...so we were there again this morning....the place was mobbed.... people, cars, trucks everywhere....and while I sat, perched in the car....
birds eye view of the doors....at least 50 people entered and exited, and only TWO wore masks. For now, no more Skelleys for us except for gas. Again, I am not a cheerleader for masks, but it’s considered almost disrespectful to barge into a busy place with no mask...I know....herd mentality....but just trying to be cautious.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post: